From a marketing standpoint, video content is one way a brand can grab an audience’s attention, increase engagement and conversion metrics, and thereby increase sales. In addition, this format allows you to clearly declare yourself and bring together a community of fans on media platforms where the company was not previously present. We are of course talking about social networks – especially those where video is the main or priority means of communication. Thus, video content is the main element of video marketing, the task of which is to promote goods and services in the digital environment.
Types of video content
There are different types of videos. Each of them has its own impact on the target audience. After all, explanatory marketing animation video is not free creativity. The sales effect for him is of great importance. And the promotion objective dictates the choice of the necessary solution. Before proceeding with the production of videos, you should determine what types of video content are best suited for the chosen strategy, and also explain why they are needed.
In addition to the production issues of video production, you also need to consider audience priorities and interests in order to create in-demand content. Engaging consumers with brand storytelling is no easy task. In order to fit them into the created story, you also need to take into account the existing trends in video content in 2021. Here are some of the current trends according to the video marketing statistics:
- 65% of users search for a solution to their problem on YouTube. They are interested in videos with instructions or an explanation of the reason. Educational content is a good way to build relationships and build trust with potential buyers.
- People are much more willing to watch videos on mobile devices than anywhere else. This is facilitated by social media as they are interested in posting with video content. You should take this into account and choose the appropriate video formats, as well as provide explanatory subtitles or captions, as often viewing on the phone takes place with the sound turned off.
- The natural attracts attention. Videos are trending now, which don’t look glossy and professional. Users want natural communication with brands.
- Microvideo becomes the mainstream format. Short, bright videos are what a web surfer is ready to watch today.
- Interactive video technology allows viewers to actively interact with content. A tooltip displayed there directs them to a specific action. After the pandemic, short interactive product ads with the ability to make a purchase without leaving the viewing area are replacing impulse purchases in the checkout area of traditional stores.
Advantages of video content over other formats
Why does video work better than other content? People have been attached to him since the advent of television. Today, when people’s information congestion is greater than ever, the majority of users continue to actively watch video content and spend at least two hours a day in this entertainment. This makes YouTube more popular than any social media or other site.
The obvious benefits of video content have caught the attention of marketers, who are now actively using it to promote products and services. Here are the benefits of this content format that marketers use to solve their problems:
- It is easier for people to watch than to read, so the visibility is much higher than reading texts.
- Internet access speed is high enough to watch high quality videos on mobile device. And the video content itself is universal to be placed on popular media platforms. This makes the videos ready to watch anywhere, anytime and for every user.
- Social media uses video to increase their audience’s engagement rates and prioritize reach over other forms of content.
- Bright, entertaining and visual presentation of information through video contributes to the fact that audience involvement in this form of communication is higher, which means that the effectiveness of targeted actions also increases.
All of the above indicates that video content has already become a new language of business interaction with its consumers. The activity of its use will only increase. More and more companies are including video marketing in their promotion strategies. And your business can become one of them because video marketing is a win-win option when used correctly.